1. Time flies.
2. Time is money.
3. Time and tide wait for no man.
4. Time tries all.
5. Time tries truth.
6. Time past cannot be called back again.
7. All time is no time when it is past.
8. No one can call back yesterday; Yesterday will not be called again.
9. Tomorrow comes never.
10. One today is worth two tomorrows.
11. The morning sun never lasts a day.
12. Christmas comes but once a year.
13. Pleasant hours fly past.
14. Happiness takes no account of time.
15. Time tames the strongest grief.
16. The day is short but the work is much.
17. Never deter till tomorrow that which you can do today.
18. Have you somewhat to do tomorrow, do it today.
19. To him that does everything in its proper time, one day is worth three.
20. To save time is to lengthen life.
21. Everything has its time and that time must be watched.
22. Take time when time cometh, lest time steal away.
23. When an opportunity is neglected, it never comes back toyou.
24. Make hay while the sun shines.
25. Strike while the iron is hot.
26. Work today, for you know not how much you may be hindered tomrrow.
27. Punctuality is the soul of business.
28. Procrastination is the thief of time.
29. Every tide hath ist ebb.
30. Knowledge is power.
31. Wisdom is more to be envied than riches.
32. Wisdom is better than gold or silver.
33. Wisdom in the mind is better than money in the hand.
34. Wisdom is a good purchase though we pay dear for it.
35. Doubt is the key of knowledge.
36. If you want knowledge, you must toil for it.
37. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
38. A handful of common sense is worth a bushel of learning.
39. Knowledge advances by steps and not by leaps.
40. Learn wisdom by the follies of others.
41. It is good to learn at another man’s cost.
42. Wisdom is to the mind what health is to the body.
43. Experience is the best teacher.
44. Experience is the father of wisdom and memory the mother.
45. Dexterity comes by experience.
46. Practice makes perfect.
47. Experience keeps a dear school, but fools learn in no other.
48. Experience without learning is better than learning without experience.
49. Wit once bought is worth twice taught.
50. Seeing is believing.
51. Business is the salt of life.
52. Business before pleasure.
53. Business makes a man as well as tries him.
54. Business neglected is business lost.
55. Never think yourself above business.
56. Business may be troublesome, but idleness is pernicious.
57. He that thinks his business below him will always be above his business.
58. Do business, but be not a slave to it.
59. Everybody’s business is nobody’s business.
60. Work makes the workman.
61. Better master one than engage with ten.
62. A work ill done must be twice done.
63. They who cannot do as they would, must do as they can.
64. If you would have a thing well done, do it yourself.
65. He that doth most at once doth least.
66. Do as most men do and men will speak well of thee.
67. What may be done at any time will be done at no time.
68. Better late than never.
69. Whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well.
70. The shortest answer is doing the thing.
71. Action is the proper fruit of knowledge.
72. Finished labours are pleasant.
73. It is lost labour to sow where there is no soil.
74. It is right to put everything in its proper use.
75. Affairs that are done by due degrees are soon ended.
76. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
77. Work bears witness who does well.
78. It is not work that kills, but worry.
79. He that will not work shall not eat.
80. Business is business.
81. Deliberate slowly, execute promptly.
82. Put your shoulder to the wheel.
83. Never do things by halves.
84. In for a penny, in for a pound.
85. Many hands make quick work.
86. Many hands make light work.
87. A bad workman quarrels with his tools.
88. Diligence is the mother of success.
89. Idleness is the root of all evil.
90. Care and diligence bring luck.
91. One today is worth two tomorrows.
92. Poverty is stranger to industry.
93. A bird in the hand is worth than two in the bush.
94. It is never too old to learn.
95. From small beginning come great things.
96. A friend in need is a friend indeed.
97. Better late than never.
98. An idle youth, a needy age.
99. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
100. A good book is the best of friends, the same today and forever.